Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Writing Bag Assignment Explained


Students need to bring a bag (it can even be a large gallon sized Ziploc baggie) with 6-7 items in it. The items can be anything from a special stuffed animal to a picture of a favorite cousin. For example, I included a set of chopsticks from a Hibachi restaurant I enjoy. I also included a rock I got from the dried-up river bed in Israel where David killed Goliath.


Here are some other ideas:
A menu from a favorite restaurant
A picture from your childhood
A favorite book
A greeting card of your favorite holiday
A crayon or marker of your favorite color

Your favorite silly-bandz



The cover of your favorite x-box or Wii game
Favorite nail polish
Piece of your favorite candy

Be creative!!!!



The goal is to use the items in your bag to use as writing prompts. I will give students instructions prior to each writing entry whether the story has to be fiction or non-fiction. After the stories are written, students will choose their best story and we will publish their story!



Have fun with the assignment! Hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow! Enjoy your ***SNOW****DAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! You are such a fabulous and creative teacher!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I can't wait to hear what Brandon and his friends put in their bag and find out what they wrote about.

    ReplyDelete